Nataraja’s curriculum is accessible to the many different learning styles, and provides the opportunity for all students to grow personally and professionally, beyond their wildest dreams. Certification is awarded on the basis of successfully comprehending and mastering the principles and practices of Yoga and the ability to safely, clearly communicate this to others. Those diligently applying themselves will find the training most rewarding.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Display English Language competency
- Have received a high school diploma or GED
- Exhibit the ability to contribute to a safe and cohesive learning environment
- Demonstrate physical, mental, and emotional preparedness to fully participate in all required aspects of the program
- Complete teacher training and pay all fees
- Attend all training hours and complete all essay assignments
- Sign Teachers Ethical Guidelines/Code of Conduct and waver (given first day of training)
This certification program has an intensive schedule (approximately 10 classroom hours per day) and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. To be admitted, you must demonstrate medical and mental health and readiness to fully participate in the demands of the program. Additionally, an applicant must be able to support the group learning process and may be denied if it is determined that his/her participation would in any way compromise a safe and cohesive learning environment.
Trainings typically fill to capacity about one month in advance. we strongly recommend that applicants submit applications as soon as possible. We rely on information provided in the application to make informed decisions about your capacity to fully participate in and benefit from all aspects of the program. Please answer the questions honestly and completely. Providing inaccurate on incomplete information may result in a declined admissions decision or removal from the program without refund. Nataraja School of Yoga, Ayurveda & Wellness does not discriminate in admissions, administration, or educational policies with regard to race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, creed, or religion.
No formal experience is required to enroll in the Nataraja 200 Hour Teacher Training Program. However, we do recommend that you have had at least one year of regular practice prior to the start of the course. Participating in this training will be a profound experience, taking you to places in your body and mind that you never thought possible.
Costs: $3,500 for the whole 200 hour training, food and room and board!
Nataraja Application Process
- Review information on program dates, costs, faculty, curricula, and certification criteria.
- Complete the appropriate application for the program for which you are applying in it’s entirety including the essay and short-answer questions. Be sure to indicate your preferred program dates. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. We reserve the right to require a phone interview or take other steps to supplement your application, if needed, in order to arrive at an informed admissions decision.
- Include a passport-sized head shot. This will not be considered in the screening process; however, it will help us begin to cultivate a relationship with you prior to your arrival. You are welcome to submit a head shot upon acceptance into the program.
- You will be notified of your admissions decision by regular mail and we will also call you to inform you of your status.
- Maximum capacity for each program date ranges from 8-10 students. If you are accepted in the training and the course you are interested in is full, you may register for the wait list, which will remain open until the program’s start, or you may register for any training date within one year of your acceptance.